Wednesday, 26 March 2014
Monday, 24 March 2014
One of my favourite websites which I used to go on a few years ago was a website called "SocialVibe which was basically a digital advertising company which donated money to a charity chosen by the user when you complete various activities. For example the activities ranged from completing surveys to sharing advertisements to your friends.
It's basically an advertising technique which encourages users to get involved as the whole concept of giving to charity is somewhat cathartic. As a result the site got thousands of users and there was almost new brand endorsements every week as the site became more popular.
For the advertiser it became a platform in which to gather primary and quantitative research about their audience, so the whole process is a somewhat win,win process for both the advertiser and audience.
I really like this approach to advertising and in my opinion it makes your audience less passive than they would be with traditional advertising methods.
This concept has started making me think about other ways in which I could somewhat replicate this process with other digital interactive artifacts.
Saturday, 22 March 2014
It's also very important for me to take in mind the ethical considerations of my work as particular topics may offend a particular religion or social group. Some other design considerations which I should take into account when designing a project is its overall compatibility as well as if there are any health and safety risks associated with the content for example any flashing effects may induce a photo-epileptic seizure.
The whole reason for this software collaborative project is for me to see if this is viable workflow for me to use in the future, as I'm expecting that some things will be lost when I export it to 3DS MAX.
Overall the export was pretty good and my mesh looked pretty much the same as it did in Sculptris however one thing which I did notice didn't carry over was the material I assigned it in Sculptris. As you can see below I've applied a gold texture to my Kirby model however in following image which shows the model exported into 3DS MAX you can see that the material is lost.
I'm going to try and create a 3D composition which consists of elements produced using two different pieces of 3D software. This will enable me to test if this is a viable workflow for me to follow in the future as well as i'm expecting some problems to occur in the import/ export process.
Friday, 21 March 2014
Monday, 17 March 2014
Research into Construction and Coding in Flash
Ways to Capture my Audience
Human Computer Interaction: Use of color
Sunday, 16 March 2014
For this project i'm going to pretend that I have real client and they want me to create a banner which will encourage people to donate to their charity. The charity I have chosen is called "The Whaleman Foundation" which focuses on preserving the ocean habit. With this in mind my Flash banner will have have an ocean/underwater theme to it.
I then now conducted some research into after effects tutorials which simulate an underwater environment such as this one . Lawrence Grason. (2012).
In this tutorial Lawrence undertook a similar process as Andrew did in my previous entry however Lawrence has a slightly different technique in which he manipulates the settings of some of the preset effects. For example Lawrence applies the snowfall effect to his composition but then inverts the trajectory of the snow so that the snow is now travelling upwards like bubbles do underwater.
Thursday, 13 March 2014
It has a somewhat similar looking interface to that of 3DS MAX however navigating the 3D space in Blender is controlled comply by the mouse whole on 3DS MAX you have a mini cube located at the top right of the stage which you use to rotate your composition.
Wednesday, 12 March 2014
I then added key frame effects to various words in the composition for example adding a 360 rotate animation to the word "spinning" and a vertical animation to the word "Down"
Sunday, 9 March 2014
I probably should of started working on the effect after I have done the initially typography transitions however I decided to just implement effects as I thought of them.
Friday, 7 March 2014
My next mini project involves the use of Adobe After effects as I'm required to create a kinetic typography piece. The piece of media in which I must overlay with typography is a movie trailer which shouldn't be too hard to do as they're only a couple of minutes.
I have browsed the web for useful tutorials which demonstrate how to create a kinetic typography piece. From what I've watched so far it's mostly a process which involves constantly previewing your work to ensure that you have synched the text with the dialogue correctly.
This task somewhat reminds of the 2D animation task I did at college where I had to match my animation to a movie trailer.
This task gives me an opportunity to develop other after effects projects I have started in the past which I could also put in my portfolio as I've dedicated a whole page to after effects projects.